Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Welcome to the Internal Quality Assurance Cell of GEMS Polytechnic College.
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The IQAC is the nodal agency entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring total quality management by ushering in innovations leading to achieving excellence and adoption of intervention strategies for monitoring their successful implementation.
Ever in the quest for excellence, the IQAC functions to assure institutional accountability with probity to all the stakeholders, funding agencies in particular, and society as a whole.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of GEMS Polytechnic College.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of GEMS Polytechnic College;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra-institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programs/activities of GEMS Polytechnic College leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of GEMS Polytechnic College for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional databases through MIS (Management Information System) for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in GEMS Polytechnic College,
- Any other assignment by the Chairman/Director.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Parameters for Internal Auditing
- Monitoring the teaching-learning process through Course file auditing.
- Experiential Learning such as industry visits, internships, and projects.
- Learning beyond Curriculum – participation of the students in the guest lectures, seminars, conferences, and workshops arranged within and outside the institution.
- Conducting meetings at all levels as per a schedule.
- Student support and progression.
- Alerting the department for student and faculty achievements in terms of competitive examination and publication required with regard to accrediting bodies.